Some email archiving services (e..g Proofpoint Essentials) pull email into their archive by polling an IMAP mailbox.
The following guide shows you how to setup a routing rule to send email for a domain to a remote archiving mailbox that is suitable for this type of archiving. Follow these steps;
- Login to the WebAdmin console
- Click on 'Security & Filtering' and then 'Acceptance & Routing'
- At the top of the page select the 'Advanced Settings' tab
- Now click 'Add Acceptance / Routing Rule'
- In 'General Settings' enter a rule name, e.g. 'Archive_[domain-name]_EMail'
- Click on the Enable this acceptance / routing rule checkbox
- In the 'Conditions' section click the 'choose a condition' drop down box
- Select 'Recipient, Domain' then click 'Add Condition'
- Type in the domain name that you want to archive
- In the 'Actions' section click on the 'choose an action' drop down box
- Select 'Recipients, Add recipient' and click 'Add Action'
- In the 'Name' field type the email address that you want to send email to.
- Click 'Save Configuration' at the bottom of the page.
You should now send and reply to a few emails on this domain and then login to your remote email archive mailbox to ensure the emails are being copied to this archive mailbox.